"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude."

Julia Child

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Balinese Chicken Salad

The first time I fell in love with this dish if back on 2007 when I was having an office event at Shangri La hotel JKT, there were a pale shredded chicken served.  I tried it, and I can't stop eating it.


I just found out that it was a Balinesse chicken salad, by tasting it I just knew what ingredient consist in the dish, there's no secret. This is a kind of dishes that delicious just the way it is, just like a simple fried cakalang fish with dabu-dabu relish, or a thai boiled cassava with coconut milk sauce.

Today I actually plan to make calamari but unfortunately I am running out of gas. I have a cranky tummy, so when I'm hungry, only a sticky soft warm steamed rice that can satisfy it.
I looked up the fridge, Thank God I have a cooked chicken!

I just shred it into small pieces, add chopped shallot, chilli, lemongrass, lemon leaves, sprinkle salt and pepper and just drizzle it with vegetable oil..


oh I'm so hungry


No comments:

Post a Comment